Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Everyday Is Important

The little things are always big things especially when your a little person. Xan is navigating the world of 15 months today. He is at the point that I know most people would be frustrated and immediately label "the terrible two's". The fact is, his brain and body are out of sync. He can think a lot faster than his hands can manipulate and feet can carry him. It is a natural reaction to be frustrated and whine when you can't achieve something. I've witnessed many 20, 30 and even 40 year olds go through this phase!

I'm helping him try to balance frustration with new ways to do things or just trying to slow him down a bit and focus. It is hard on some tasks, easier on others. I saw this quote today and it made me think of why I'm so very thankful to stay home with Xan and be his caretaker. I've heard all kinds of lovely derogatory remarks about stay at home mothers. (I also happen to do architecture at home within all of the crazy that happens day to day to earn a little extra money to fix up the house!) Whatever, I am going to raise my child as long as I can and I dare you to ask me what I do all day. Because I will remind you that I am taking care of a little person who can't do much of anything for himself... and a husband who is a close second... ;) Love ya babe!!


No comments:

Post a Comment