Sunday, January 3, 2010

New Year's Eve - Going It Alone

Happy New Year!

I've been busy huh? Yeah. It's been a shite start to the year. Or is the best start? Predictable anyway. Remember that I had two awesome concert tickets. Well, I thought they were awesome anyway. I couldn't find anyone to go with me. So I went by myself. It was a fun show! I drank a manhattan at midnight... champagne is getting cliche. HA! Even Cupid stayed home. I think he partied too much the night before. Typical.

Any resolutions? No. I wouldn't know what to say. I guess my resolutions are mostly to stay strong. Not let people walk all over me. And stand up for myself more. I'm in the middle of a really difficult situation at work. It isn't going to get any easier so I guess those are the best resolutions I can make right now.

I also have been seeing a lot more of my neighbor. Remember him from post number one? We dated briefly and have remained 'friends'. Yes. those little 'quotes' mean exactly what you think they mean. Cupid likes my neighbor a lot. He thinks there is more potential there than there actually is. But I can't get him to stop shooting him with little darts which keep him attracted to me. Just enough however to keep him from wanting to actually be with me. Which we have discussed ad nauseum. But, while I am not finding a connection with anyone else... it's nice to have someone to watch tv with and make dinner for.

Don't get me wrong... I enjoy him so much. He is a good guy that is no nonsense. However, I think he is still in love with his ex from high school. Because of that, no one has a chance with him. They see each other a lot and are total BFFs. I am an interesting distraction. But that is about it. We talk about three or four times a day... have breakfast, lunch and dinner with one another all weekend long. Go see movies, watch tv and last night even ran into each other at the bar. It was really crazy because my friend was trying to get me out and meet new people. WTF!? right?? I finally go out to meet someone... and he shows up. (See Cupid)

So, Cupid thinks he's important. I don't know what to think. It's 2010. It's got to be a new start that stops my insanity cycle. Cupid... could you be on myside this time? I'll make you dinner tonight?

No comments:

Post a Comment