Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Love: Office Supplies

Well, Monday came and went now didn't it? Monday seemed to go on forever! Only because Xan would not take a nap. Those days are my longest. He was in a really happy and silly mood in the morning. But as the day went on he got grumpier and grumpier... Mostly because he was tired. Mid scream around 7pm he finally succumbed to a nap until 830pm. Hey, you gotta take what you can get!
He didn't fall asleep until 11pm... And it was on the sofa with me. I was holding him after his bottle and I didn't want to move him given the day we had. So we slept there until 430am. Well, he did. I napped in and out as he moved around a little. I love snuggling him and feeling his little head under my chin. It's the single greatest moment in my life with him at this age right now... well, besides the new smiles and attempts at giggles!


Ahhh... the sweetest face!

Okay... that was my holiday! I hope yours was equally as satisfying... with more sleep. I am wondering how today will play out with only 4 hours of sleep for me. And now it's morning... I can't sleep. Oh well!! So, yesterday I wanted to post the love of office and school supplies since most schools have started back up. I've found a lot of cute things you can make too.

DIY Pencil Cases
I have about 20 pencil cases (maybe more?) I could have more if I exercised less self control. I do actually try to think about which pens or pencils I would put in the new case... HA! sometimes... These are so cute I could organize my colored pencils into palettes. Yes, that is the kind of stuff I do. My closet is also organized this way. Me <---- dork. But it looks cool... no denying that!

This awesome tutorial is on Martha Stewart.com!





Got Pencils?
Because I love the hedgehog... Why won't the hedgehog share the hedge? We may never know. But this is a must have conversation piece for my desk! Just need to find the US distributor now... I pinned this from a Japanese site.
To Do... Getting it done
I also have too many calendars and planners. One for work, school, stuff... and then you bring the wrong planner to the meeting and you have to write down the information... then transfer that into the right planner. Oh yes, I am that organized. Or un-organized. I am not sure. But regardless it all gets put onto the main calendar. Thankfully huh? And shouldn't that planning system be easy and pretty too?
Use paint chips under a glass frame and use wipe off markers. You could even change out the color scheme by season!


This clever craft is actually a piece of fabric sewn to look like notebook paper! I love it for a daily to do list! or cute notes.
I've ordered from Little Otsu every year... But this year. I didn't have any work... I should have gotten one anyway!!

Creative Spaces
Your creative/ office space should be your intellectual sanctuary. Mine would look like the first one... I need simple to get started. It needs to be completely free of clutter so that I don't get distracted by a myriad of other tasks that I need to do. Of course you aren't able to see the 6 bookcases on the other side of the room filled with my books, notebooks, planners and other necessary items. But, I could bring them to my desk one at a time for 100% dedicated tasks. Focus is my new word for 2012. It will need to continue into 2013 since I am still in focus training wheels! So the rest of the room would look more like the second picture. I love the entire space! So beautiful! Just add one more desk... and we are complete. Sigh. This will happen!!

I already have the mac, and the desk is black.

It's like a pantry of books!

I'm sure this is a fortune!
Art is Necessary
Making sketch/ trace paper accessible at all times is necessary for me. When I saw this idea I had to think about doing this! My trace is always falling off my desk and getting tangled. Also it is awkward to store neatly on my other tables. This little dowel solves my problems forever... wish I would have thought of this in school... Some times it takes someone who has kids to think of these ideas!
Yeah, I'd use crayons. But my clients might find that a little... interesting! And wonder why they are paying me.



1 comment:

  1. I really love the hedgehog pencil rack. It's too cool. With that kind of office supplies, you wouldn't be bored to use pencils.

    ReplyDelete