Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Addicted to Netflix Send Help

Tuesday began as a wonderful day! Monday felt so painfully long with Xan getting up so early and not sleeping on Sunday night. He had a rough time sleeping. I wasn't sure if it was his stuffy nose or if it was his dreams? Or is it my addiction to Netflix?

Yes. Netflix is a terrible addiction of mine... how did this happen? I don't have cable or a t.v. antenna so that's part of it. Instead I have Netflix with scores and scores of television, movies and documentaries. Oh, how I love documentaries!! Watching my wish list of movies is more difficult since they aren't all on instant, but the documentaries are wonderful. When Xan is dozing off in his bouncy seat after a bottle, I rock him and let the Netflix marathon begin! I'm watching all of the Alias episodes right now... Already finished Sherlock Holmes, Merlin, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, and started the X files. Why do I feel so guilty??


It's just too easy to say... oh one more episode and there goes your life for 6 hours... or more! I think as a measure of caution I may have to pick a day... say Wednesday and make it a Netflix free day. I also need a day which a ban myself from Pinerest. Yikes. Somedays, I watch Netflix and browse Pinterest. Good Lord. Save me from myself! I am ridiculously inspired and informed. Yet, I feel that maybe I should step away from the technology just for a day. Maybe? I know that when I get home to Michigan however, that I will not have time for such follies. I will be busy with work and Xan will be growing and demanding more of my attention. And there is snow! And hills! And boarding! I am REALLY looking forward to that!

Sigh... I can tell you however, I am not on the sofa munching on bon-bons and getting a big butt. I have lost all of my pregnancy weight! In fact, I do sit ups and some yoga poses while I gander at the tube. And I eat pretty healthy! So, on to the lovely recipe we tried!! I served them with a salad that had the same ingredients. This is low-carb, low-fat and YUM! I love hor d'oeuvres for dinner. To be very honest though... they are not so good to pop in the fridge and reheat later. Only make as many as you need. You can make more mix and clean up the mushrooms. But don't put them together until you can eat them fresh. This recipe is adapted from Lauren's Latest Food Blog (www.laurenslatest.com) She has the incredible photos too! (Yes, I will someday!) Until then here is my version of her yummy inspiration. And her photo too... I hope she doesn't mind! You rock Lauren!!





INGREDIENTS:
18 whole Baby Bella Or Crimini Mushrooms
8 ounces, Fat Free Cream Cheese, softened
Grated Parmesan Or Mozzarella Cheese
¼ teaspoons Dried Basil
⅛ teaspoons Dried Oregano
Garlic, Salt And Pepper, To Taste
¼ cups Diced Turkey Pepperoni (I cut them into 4 pieces using kitchen scissors!)
1/2 cup cooked, ground turkey
2 Tablespoons Finely Chopped Roasted Red Pepper
2 Tablespoons Finely Chopped Black Olives

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350ºF. Spray an 9x13 cooking dish with non stick cooking spray and set aside. (A sheet tray will work just fine, too!)
Wipe mushrooms with a damp paper towel and remove stems. (They should just pop out!) Set aside.
In a small bowl, stir cream cheese, basil, oregano, garlic and pepper together until combined. Stir in remaining ingredients, excluding the mushrooms of course!

Spoon into prepared mushroom caps by the heaping teaspoonful. Place 9 in 8x8 and bake 20 minutes. After 20 minutes, switch your oven from bake to broil. Sprinkle with cheese and brown the tops of each mushroom. Remove and serve hot.

Alternates:
I think this would be great with a large portobella for a real meal size. it is also very good when the mixture is heated a bit and put on a ritz cracker! again... YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment