Saturday, December 7, 2013

Instant Breakfast Cookies



Yesterday, I finally got the time or well inclination... to do something I've had my brain 'baking' on. Xan isn't so excited about the last 3 flavors of his instant oatmeal. Cinnamon spice, maple and brown sugar and the original flavor. The apple cinnamon flew out of the box alright, but these last three I have to mash up bananas, add apple sauce etc. He can't feed himself with a spoon quite yet. The little fork he has is getting some limited use, but if I have some work to do early I need a good breakfast that he can feed to himself. And one can only eat so many pancakes and french toast!! Even though I've gotten quite clever at adding good things to the pancakes!!

AND my other motivation... I have also been spending too much money on Nutrigrain bars which I know darn well I could be making myself... again TIME. Ugh.

Onto packages of unused instant oatmeal equals breakfast cookie... I grabbed one of each flavor... hmmm... need flour, brown sugar, {i have no eggs...} flax meal, almond milk, and little oil... I will use more applesauce than oil... OH I will need baking aids {powder/ soda}

Here it is as I fly by the seat of my pants... IT WORKED!! I've baked these twice now. They are super soft and cake like. The oatmeal flavors are perfect together and these little babies are really inexpensive! I bought this huge box from Sam's Club... so I've got plenty of these on the way.

All you need is a bowl and a fork!! I have one of those handy ice cream scoopy things for plopping cupcake batter etc. They work perfect for these cookies. Probably holds 1/3 of cup of batter. I think it says 5 oz... Anyway, it is a great investment!

Preheat oven to 350

Instant Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies {makes 8}

3 packages of Instant Oatmeal
1/2 c unbleached flour
1/4 c brown sugar
1T flax meal {no flax meal? you could also substitute a 1/2 smashed up banana!}
1/2 t baking soda
1/4 t baking powder
{mix dry ingredients together}
3 T of water
2 T of almond milk
1 T of vegetable oil
1/2 c applesauce

Mix well... drop onto cookie sheet and bake for 12 minutes.

ENJOY!!!

John thought I bought a scone mix... I kinda took that as a great compliment!! Xan devours these and I get to sit next to him typing up requests for proposals :) AHHH... ain't life grand!!

xoxo





No comments:

Post a Comment