Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Which Social Media is Best for Your Brand?

A question I've been trying to wrap around my head lately... Which social media is best for my brand? Best for my marketing? I get invitations to join different social media options every once and a while and I wonder - should I be adding another place to post? another page to manage? will it benefit my time and effort? Who will I be connecting with - like minded people or buyers? what am I NOT doing that I should be?

I began with a goggle {because that is what we do in 2014}... Which social media is best for my brand? About 562,000,000 results (0.31 seconds) Excellent. 
I have time for that. Not. I have time for the first page. 
Twisted Toast blog says there are actually two parts to the question:
  • Which social media are right for me and my brand?
  • Which social media are used by my target consumers?
I was amiss in thinking I was asking both questions with the first? I'm not the business or marketing major so I will go with it. Especially because at the end of the post it simply says:

"So what is the moral of this tale, the spin of the plot, I hear you ask? Simply that social media is what you make of it, not what it makes of you." -- Twisted Toast

No, that doesn't narrow down that you should use this platform or that platform if you are in this or that business. But for me, it was a relief. I take it as you certainly should use the platforms that YOU are attracted to. Because the people you may be trying to reach are there. If you are comfortable using Instagram or Tumblr and facebook... then use them because you will enjoy it and your followers will enjoy what you post if you're doing it with intention. If you get invited to another platform - check it out, see how friendly it is to use and pose the questions:


  • do you think you will enjoy inviting others to join? 
  • can you be sufficiently creative to capture readership?
  • can you make your posts interesting and more experience oriented?


For a visual business like I am in, I need to get my images out to people to react to. I need a virtual gallery of my art going out daily as I create and design. To that end... I've decided that I am not taking enough advantage of more visual means of communication. I should be posting on Instagram, Tumblr, Flickr etc. I don't have a smartphone... I know it is insane. I had one... then the financial crisis of 2013 hit. Then, it was stolen... ugh. So, while we are still in personal economic recovery there just isn't room to pay for such a large cell phone bill. Any media that I do for now has to be done via ipad {without data pkg.} or home computer. Of course I have an incredible iMac and great software so I do have that going for me!

With some of those personal barriers aside, I've tried to take advantage of facebook and the blog to post more pictures of the things I create. I hope to keep it coming!! xoxo

To that end... here is a quick scan of the ranch house in progress! Remember house ON a ranch - not the suburban "ranch house"!!

Draft sketch of the ranch house in California!! Working on details today and inserting it into a logo.


a little kindness goes a long way. xoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment