Thursday, February 14, 2013

A Reunion with Cupid for Valentine's Day

With Valentine's in the namesake of my blog you have to know how special or how much Valentine's day has played into my life. Cupid is here with me today. He used to be my flat mate. For three years we lived together, talked, cried, laughed A LOT... even shared a few scary moments. Though it all we stayed the most amazing friends. So we thought we might talk about what life is like for both of us now four years after this blog has started.





Rebekah: Cupid, I remember when you got laid off and you turned up on my doorstep. I welcomed you in with open arms. I was so sad about your lot. I hoped I could help. How are you remembering that day four years later?

Cupid: Well my darling, it was the most difficult day in my life. Getting sacked as a bringer of love and happiness is no easy thing. I was boggled. Something drew me to your door. I had been hanging around you for a couple of years or so, on and off. I knew if I had the chance to regain any of my former self. I would find it in you. You never seemed to give up on love.

Rebekah: You've always been so kind to me. I love being in love I suppose. Maybe that's why we were always meant to somehow be in each others life. Even from the time that I was a little girl a Valentine with your picture on it, the big red and pink hearts... I just knew there could be nothing bad about this day! Yet, obviously as I got older that whole idea just seemed to be like reaching for stars.

Cupid: Funny thing about stars love... It has to be dark to see them doesn't it?

R: You're so missed... Now that love is all around this family I feel like I should be seeing more of you!

C: All of the cupids are drawn to those who are in love. It is an incredible thing to be promoted to a cupid for us. We seek out love like a little moth to the flame. We hope to fan it into exactly what you have. You're relationship and others like it are the pinnacle of our career!

R: I love your flattering words! My goodness we've been through so much! I'm so glad we were together in it all. I knew you would not fail me. I always trusted you... well, to a point!! You were grabbing for any straw there for a while buddy!

C: I know... I know... I so desperately wanted you to be happy! You're so kind and you had this great outlook before every date you went on. Trust me when I say - It wasn't YOU!

R: I am SO lucky to have you on my side! And I am glad that we made it through in the best way possible. I have to ask, when you got your job back, I hope it was my reference that made the difference to the higher ups.

C: Your reference made all the difference. When you told them how hard I worked, and that in the end it was my push that opened your heart to John... well, I was back with open arms. My colleagues are actually pushing me to go on the lecture circuit now to talk about our story.

R: WOW! Well, when you told John to propose to me at Tiffany's jewelry store... and picked out a ring circled in 'xoxoxox' that was more than brilliant... it was a dream come TRUE! Cupid, I would LOVE for you to share your stories on the blog... Could you do that? Be my guest blogger from time to time? Tell us about what's going on in the world of love? Trust me when I say we could team up on some great stories. The great ones and the sad ones.

C: I'd love to!! But I really have go to get going. Thanks for letting me catch up on this amazing day. I've got to go and set some things up in southern California for a lost couple. But I will be back very soon to write up some great love stories!

R: Thanks again for coming by. I hope we see you again soon. Hugs to you on your amazing day.

C: And love to you... Happy Valentine's Day <3 p="">

No comments:

Post a Comment