Wednesday, February 13, 2013

A World of Wonder

I've been having one of those weeks and I guess thoughts and feelings... well, they are coming to a boil. I just stopped what I was working on for a moment from time to time to gather my boiling thoughts. It's also going to be Valentine's Day this week! So I need time to prepare a special blog. Just need to get these cobwebs cleared first!

For the last couple of weeks I've been trying to finish several blog posts that I've started. None seem to be 'floating my boat' as it would have it. But I keep thinking of random things I'd like to say. Even if they don't go together I feel like I'd like to get them out.

Things I'd like to tell Xan as he grows up... (of course this list is in progress)

Everyone can speak a secret language.
Look for the details that everyone else will miss.
Listen to the wind.
Find your happiness in everything you do, even if someone won't notice.
Love with all your heart.
Try to do it right the first time, you may not have a chance to go back.
There's always something...
Kindness is always the best idea.
To see the stars, it has to be dark.
Making mistakes is part of being an inventor of creative ideas.
Your life's dreams should scare you a little.
I love you more than those four little letters could ever hold.
You're the greatest work of art I've ever made.
The truth, no matter how difficult, delivered with kindness and respect will always be less hurtful than a lie.
Be kind to yourself.
Right is right even if no one is doing it, Wrong is wrong even if everyone is doing it.



The nerd in me...
I looked at one of Xan's toys just now. There is a small rattle on it. There are 2 red beads, 3 purple beads and 3 aqua colored beads. I wondered what element it might represent. I hope Xan gets this curiosity.

In the Lord of the Rings movie, when the whole group is on the way to Mordor, the dwarf doesn't know the password to get into his own mine? What did the Orks change the locks on the engraving while they were away?


Harry gets expelled for doing magic, in front of a muggle. He is informed by a talking envelope in front of the same muggle. True story.

Things that make me go hmmm...
Revenge is sweet, revenge is a dish best served cold... is revenge ice cream?
Karma isn't a bitch, unless you are. Love it. Believe it.
Never trust a skinny cook. Why? Because they cook healthy food. Obesity epidemic what??


I always pause at word pairings like:
Criminal Justice - What side are you on?
Mechanically separated - When applied to sorting mail, I'm fine. When applied to a meat product... um. That is all of a sudden A LOT of information.
Information Architect - OH. You organize a little computer code and you can call yourself an architect. They even read a pattern language. So, I didn't need 7 yrs of school, 3 yrs of internship and 9 exams (a lot of $$$ spent) to call myself an architect. that stings a little. or a lot.


Awesome pictures in my head from a turn of phrase...
Toast of the Town





No comments:

Post a Comment