Thursday, March 21, 2013

Love: Snowboarding & Gear

It appears I've missed another season. I however seem to be able to breathe in and out each day. I didn't think that was possible and here I am proven wrong... Rebekah can live without snowboarding. Just because I am physically here doesn't mean that my mind isn't racing down hill. Each day I look at or read around 4 to 6 different snow reports. I also indulge in a Pinterest board I've called I {heart} snow.

The fact is that Copper Mountain, Winter Park & Breckenridge mountains were all about 2 hours from my apartment in Denver... It is at least 4 hours from the prairie. It takes a lot more planning with a little one as well. I don't have babysitters or family here to help give me a little zen time. Fact is... my flow lies along a 151cm board or a 6' long yoga mat. Nothing can make me happier... except hearing Xan laugh and seeing his smile when I get him up from a nap or in the morning. THAT is incredible!

Since this year didn't work out so well... I'm being nostalgic and I'm just sharing some of the rides I've taken and scenes that my dear friend Lindsay and I couldn't get enough of. She and I have been planning snowboarding trips together for nearly 10 years!! Can you believe it Lindsay!!?? Of course there are photos of John and I getting married too... AWWWW... he had the 'satori' AH moment... why not get married where you are so incredibly happy... what a gift!

the awesome 151 K2 i currently shred with
the arbor i covet... should have bought it when i had the chance!

a 147 in my quiver for the park... a K2 satori (many ah moments had!)


lindsay and i ready for the slopes... our boards await us!

happy on the hill :)

copper mountain ice skating rink

on top of the hill at copper

made it down my first black diamond and just wanted MORE!

Lindsay and I having a great time!!!

Lifty lifty lift... take us to our mountain...

23" of fresh powder

We walked out to see our neigbor's car... piled in our chore for the day... ahh sweet pow pow love!!

John and I went up the weekend after Lindsay and I were playing.

And three weeks later we were married :) 4.23.11

cutie :)

awww... melting  my little snowflake heart... On our way down after we said our vows

we also had 16" or 18" of fresh powder at copper that day...

pretty...


No comments:

Post a Comment