Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Love: Spring & Easter DIY

Spring in 9 days!! I hope where ever you are in the world where it will obviously be Spring... is starting to perk up!! The vernal equinox is inevitably a time of change, but unlike fall which can seem more like letting go... Spring is about growth and renewal. If you follow any sort of religious teaching, to me this time of the year, rather than New Year's Eve, is a much more suitable time to make a life change or resolution of some kind. It is the time when applications are due for masters programs... and PhDs... I'm not there yet... but I'm thinking... more on that later.

For me, I am ready for a change of scenery!! I'm ready to see my friends more than once a year and more than EVER I am ready to start making our home, back home, HOME. I am ready for the path that awaits us. We have a trip planned to return home (MICHIGAN) on March 28th!! I'm finally going to see my family and introduce our sweet little darling Xan!! He is going to be 8 months old on the 16th of March. It truly does feel like a time for renewal. Renewal of family and the values that I hold. I want Xan to know his aunties and uncles and his grandparents. I grew up with family all around. My cousins were my first best friends. I want that for Xan. I've been away for nearly 7 years... Seems like the perfect time of the year to return.



As for the signs of Spring... I am excited for that day that comes out of nowhere and you look up and there are little buds on the trees. I watch and wait and watch and wait and every year... it catches me by surprise somehow! I love that. I'm also excited for the holiday fun that is coming up. When you've got little ones it just seems more important for some reason to have baked things and break out something crafty!

http://www.potterybarnkids.com/products/navy-green-kingston-plaid-liners/?cm_src=AutoRel
We've been thinking about how to celebrate Easter with Xan since he is still so small. But we'd like to do something. I've started looking for a basket that he can have in the years to come. I have to say Pottery Barn Kids has the most beautiful baskets that have a fabric liner to monogram. Since they come in a couple of sizes I'm thinking... get the small one and it will always look crazy full to a kid!! I also happen to love rabbits. I had one when I was a kid. His name was Rusty. He was a huge rabbit. I'm not sure of his breed, I'd have to check with my dad. But he was as big as I was at 4 years old. We would sit in a chair together. He also used a litter box. No... I'm not kidding. I hope that once we get home to Michigan Xan can have a little petting zoo of his own like we did when we were kids. Geese, rabbits, and cats... everyone running around a barn.


I've started to look for fun things to do with eggs as well. I have a million memories of coloring eggs with my brothers and sister. My grandmother also used to make deviled eggs and dye the egg whites as well! I have seen this on Pinterest lately... it makes me homesick; and miss my granny. So I will be doing it this year so that I can share the crazy with my husband. Xan is still too little to eat eggs so we will improvise there. Here is a great photo 'how to' I came along on Pinterest! Granny always dyed them first, then cut them. I think they are pretty either way!

http://www.sweettoothlove.com/easter-eggs/
I also LOVE the idea of drawing on the eggs with sharpie markers. Mostly because I am a sharpie marker addict and have a ridiculous color collection... could be fun!!

As for some baked love... I think I could make these cute little cookies below for my nephews too... Now that is the kind of frosting touch I think I can master!! I am absolutely all thumbs as soon as you place a piping bag into my hands!! I don't know why I just can't seem to get the hang of it. It's not for lack of determination...
BTW... these are not my photos. All of these fun activities and their original links can be found by following my {inspire} link that will take you to my Pinterest site!!





No comments:

Post a Comment