Friday, November 6, 2009

Short Comings

I promise to become timely with blog and date. Next time.

Last week Tuesday when we were having a bit of weather here in Denver. I walked a mile, mile and a quarter up the street to Uptown to meet  my new Ok Cupid date, his code name is Prada Loafers. We had been trying to meet up for about two weeks and had actually talked on the phone, exchanged texts and emails trying to find a time when our schedules weren't busting full.

It was raining and a bit chilly. But I was excited to meet this guy. We had a lot to talk about... and he had just told me that he went to an oil painting seminar at the art store. He paints!? Okay. I can't wait to meet this guy. He has also worked on and off in the architecture world and is going to grad school to get his degree in economics. Thinking he might like to work with developers and something in the realm of urban infill. Sounds too good to be true. If I were making a list of 'Gee... if I could make a guy up on paper wouldn't these be some nice to haves...' some of these qualities would definitely make it on an extended second page.

I'm not a tall girl. 5'5" is really average. I also don't wear heels that often anymore. Since my foot surgery still gets my foot swelling up from time to time. You see where this is going? I looked at all his pictures... adorable. Read his funny little stories... hilarious! I didn't look at his height. Does this really matter? No. It doesn't. In fact I've dated a couple guys my height. But, if I could make up that guy on paper... he would probably be 6'2" or taller. I do love being small. So, he is also 5'5". Minus 1" or 2"... cause guys lie about height. Girls lie about weight. And age. Sure, I will stop making stereotypical statements when they aren't true.

Prada is short and I am not going to worry about this. We have so much to talk about and he is really cute. That totally makes up for the shortness. He is also a super nice guy and treating this like a real date. He gets me a drink and the conversation begins with a question. "Where are you from in Michigan?" I pulled out my map. My right hand. He about lost it laughing. Apparently his sister warned him this would happen and that is WHY he asked me the question. I was totally set up. It was the best ice breaker ever!! We had such a good laugh.

As the night went on we had dinner and I just felt like I was out with one of my old friends. Hmmmm... I guess I shouldn't really feel that way. I should be trying to hold myself back from bad decisions and making out with him right? Nope. Just wasn't one of those dates. But I had a really good time and we are going to the museum tomorrow to look at paintings.

No comments:

Post a Comment